Welcome to Planetwise, a completely vegan shop and yoga studio on the East Coast of Yorkshire in Bridlington.
As we approach the last month of the year. I want to thank all of you for being part of Planetwise. I really appreciate everyone’s input and look forward to 2018 unfolding.
We have a few activities coming up :
- Following on from the very successful showing of the film ‘Tomorrow’, we have our first Transition Town event this Saturday (25th) at Planetwise. Starting at 1 pm, there will be a Brid Quid event where you can start to familiarize yourself with how a complimentary local currency works. Our first Transition Town meeting starts at 4.30 pm. All welcome.
- As you may know, Planetwise supports the anti-fracking movement and we have had a few visits to the fracking site at Kirby Misperton. Samantha Kazarinov-Hawk has very kindly offered a ‘Healing the Earth’ meditation on Friday 1st December at 7.30 pm. Cost £3 per person. Come into Planetwise to find out more and make an affirmation.
- On Saturday 2nd December, we have a late night shopping and holistic therapies taster event. Starting at 3 pm, we plan to finish around 8.30 pm. Local therapists will be on hand to give you a calming taster for just £5 a session. Pre-booking may be necessary. We will also have some cruelty free skincare stalls for some extra ideas for xmas pressies. Thanks to holistic therapy by Jane for organising this event. Jane is at Planetwise every Friday morning from 9.15 am to give taster sessions (£5) and longer treatments of indian head massage and reflexology. Contact Jane on 07743 664808 for more details.
- On Saturday 9th December, Planetwise goes to the Links golf club at Sewerby for its xmas party, a vegan buffet, disco and bar. Tickets (£19.50) may still be available by calling the links on 01262 401584. Vegan or non vegan, you are all welcome.
- Yoga classes finish for 2017 on Friday 22nd December with a special xmas meditation at 7.30 pm.
- Prices for classes remain at £5.75 (£3 for meditation) for the new year but monthy subscriptions will raise to £27.50 for 2 classes and a meditation per week or £37.50 for unlimited classes,(space permitting).If you wish to pay 2017 prices for January, please pay for your January classes by Wednesday 20th December. Pay as you go classes need to be paid for in advance, with 1 reschedule allowed if you cancel in time.
- There will be some yoga classes offered in the first week of January, Jos’s pilates, Tuesday 2nd at 1.30, Christine’s Iyengar, Wednesday 3rd at 2 pm and Julie’s chair yoga at 2 pm Thursday 4th. Please book and pay in advance for these classes. They will only run with a minimum of 8 in each class. All classes will start again on Monday 8th January 2018.
Planetwise will be open on Christmas Eve 10-4 pm and reopen on Wednesday 27th Dec as normal. We will be closed new years day.
Bridlington’s first vegan festival will be at the Bridlington Spa on Sunday 5th August 2018. We have a great organising committee and it will incorporate yoga, holistic therapies and everything eco friendly. Put the date in your diary and invite your friends from far and wide. It promises to be a great event with lots of exciting stalls, speakers and of course yoga.
With every Good Wish for the New Year, Mary x
We are excited to have been televised on That’s North Yorkshire TV !
Here is the TV clip showing our ethically sourced clothing which can be purchased in our Bridlington shop.
We are delighted to introduce an exciting new range of Vegan Gifts which can be purchased via this website in our online Vegan Gift Shop.
If you are looking for a vegan gift for your partner, friend or family member, we have a range of beautifully presented hampers and gift collections to be ordered online. Each of our vegan gifts is ethically sourced, and thoughtfully packaged.
As well as our online gift shop, we have a very friendly shop in Bridlington. We have a good range of vegan food together with seitan steak, tofu, vegan quorn, booja booja, yogi tea, lentils, seeds, supplements, pasta, sauces and much more in store. We have a gluten free section, and are happy to order your favourites in specially.
Our custom built yoga studio is quickly growing in popularity, now with sixteen sessions per week. It’s attached to the Bridlington shop, so why not come along and try it out? We also have meditation and relaxation sessions, with a range of qualified teachers for all levels of ability.